- The current population of the United Kingdom is 67,871,466 as of Tuesday, June 16, 2020, based on the Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nations data.
- The United Kingdom 2020 population is estimated at 67,886,011 people in mid-year according to UN data.
- The United Kingdom population is equivalent to 0.87% of the total world population.
- The U.K. ranks number 21 in the list of countries (and dependencies) by population.
- The population density in the United Kingdom is 281 per Km2 (727 people per mi2).
- The total land area is 241,930 Km2 (93,410 sq. miles)
- 83.2 % of the population is urban (56,495,180 people in 2020)
The median age in the United Kingdom is 40.5 years.
According to the 2011 UK Census, the total population of the United Kingdom was around 63,182,000. It is the 21st-most populated country in the world. Its overall population density is 259 people per square kilometre (671 people per sq mi), with England having a significantly higher population density than Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Almost one-third of the population lives in England’s southeast, which is predominantly urban and suburban, with about 9,000,000 in the capital city of London, the population density of which is just over 5,200 per square kilometre (13,468 per sq mi).
Celtic languages are spoken in Scotland, Cornwall, and Northern Ireland, but the predominant language overall is English. In North and West Wales, Welsh is widely spoken as a first language, but less so in the South East of the country, where English is typically the first choice.
Why Choose Us?
We are a dedicated team, striving to convert our students dream into reality. We always have been taking pride in being original, reliable and trustworthy. KIEC leaves no stone unturned in easing the study abroad process. Choose us and you will save your time and energy. We promise to keep holding your hand till you go beyond the horizon of success.